Thursday 3 September 2009

Interviewing Ryan Duns pt 3/3

Here goes the third and last part of the interview, It was a pleasure to have the oportunity to do it!

Whistler Bard: What gave you the idea/inspiration to start posting whistle lessons on youtube?
Ryan Duns: I was teaching a course at Fordham University and needed a way to help my students. YouTube was free.

WB: How did you get the sound you have on your videos (software,settings, delay etc.) ?
RD: I use an iMac computer so I run things through iMovie. The effects are used, usually, in order to block out the sounds of New York traffic and construction.

WB: Have you seen these other online sites, and what do you think of them? ( http://www.whistletutor.com/ and http://tradlessons.com/ )
RD: I think they are doing a good job. I'm glad there's such an interest in teaching the whistle.

And then some "quickies" to finish the interview:

WB: Best Whistle you played:
RD: Mine!

WB: Best comment you got after playing:
RD: Brilliant

WB: Worst comment you got after playing:
RD: Cliche

WB: Longest period of time without playing:
RD: 30 days - when I made the Spiritual Exercises in 2005

WB: Favourite musician:
RD: Joanie Madden

WB: Favourite tune:
RD: Martin Wynne's #3

And this was it! Once again I want to thank Ryan for his availability and kindness, as well as all the Chiff & Fippler's that help me out with this!

Cheers and have fun in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment