Thursday 26 March 2009

The first day

So today I finaly picked up my Tin Whistle! :D It comes packed In a neat box, and brings a small sheet with four tunes "Suo-Gân" (Welsh Lullaby), "It's Raining", "Counting Song" and "Old MacDonald". The Whistle itself looks great, and it's pretty easy to handle. I guess it's the same as a Sweetone, but with a celtic knot printed.

About the flute, it will probably get here tomorow, but for now I'm in love with the little guy! It's just great!

I started with some scales, mainly D because it's the most used anyway. So this doesn't get boring, between scales I tried to play some very simple tunes, and guess what? I did it! I am surely a prodigal son of the Whistle! Yes because the crazy, speedy,hard tune I played was nothing more and nothing less than... "Old MacDonald" :DDDD Yes, I know I am a genius!

I was about to play "Ride of the Valkyries" by Wagner but then I thought "what the hell, let me stick to the difficult ones" and there I go play "Old MacDonald".

I'm pretty happy with this whistle, it's really easy to play, and I guess that by playing one hour a day (or so), you can learn new tunes pretty quickly. There will always be a margin to progress off course, but I think that being able to play someting that you can call music (like "Old MacDonald" :P ) in the first hour of play, is a motivation. And for me a much moralizing route to take than the one for a string instrument for example.

Well, I'm off for now, back to the Whistle!!! (At least until someone tells me to shut up...which might be soon enough!!!)

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Olha o convencido...:o)) Já percebi que aí em casa já sabem do teu talento escondido, eheheh! Estou ansiosa por ouvir... forcea manii :o)

    ReplyDelete