Saturday 28 March 2009

Second day: a no-whistling day

And at the second day the whistler didn't whistle.

Yes, in spite of wanting to have a couple of minutes to play a tune and some scales, yesterday I couldn't. Still I made some home-work and studied a bit of musical theory in how to read sheets.

I'll keep practising scales, and simple songs. I can play half of "Down by the Sally Gardens" by now, with some degree of quality, but still with no embelishments. Off course I still need a lot of practise.

In a great forum ( Chiff and Fipple ), which I forgot to mention in the previous post, I got some comments about the song "Suo-Gân", which sheet came with my whistle, and which I didn't really knew. After checking it out I know I'll surely give it a try!

Today is a new day, and I'll manage to find some moments to practise and feel the magic. Yes, you all might think I'm exagerating, but since this whistle thing I feel happier, and motivated for something (cause work really sucks :P )

Have a nice weekend!
Cheers! 

P.S: Don't forget to turn your lights out for an hour today at 20:30 (8:30pm), don't know if you heard it, but it's Earth Hour. Check it out on www.earthhour.org, it's a good hour to play the whistle and the flute and show the world that there are beautiful and good things to do without killing the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment