Wednesday 25 March 2009

Good news, bad news... and links!

Ok, so today I arrive from work and what do I have in my mailbox? A post office ticket so I could get my whistle! So far so good... but unfortunatly I wasn't able to pick it up! :(
So tonight is the frustration of knowing it is so close, and the antecipation of knowing i'll have it tomorow! :D

I was going to post some sites that I am checking for Whistle and Flutes tomorow, but I said it would be in "the next post" so here it goes:

Great site to start with: www.whistletutor.com , it has free lessons, tips, and a forum which is growing. Register and be a part of it (the master of the place is Sean, a guy that is willing to help whistlers to start and develop their skills).

The Whistle I bought was a Clarke's  "Celtic Tinwhistle" for £9,65 (11€) at www.clarke-tin-whistle.com , my choice because I wanted one made in the UK or Ireland, where I consider the heart of Celtic music is. They have free shipping worldwide too.

The Irish Flute was a Tony Dixon's "Polymer Tenor Flutefor £24 + £8 shipping (35€) at www.tonydixonmusic.co.uk , I chose this one because Irish Flutes are expensive, and I didn't want to spend that much for a start. This one was the cheapeast and I read good things about it.

For now it's all, really hope I'll have readers one day...

1 comment:

  1. If you advert your blog among friends, I'm sure somebody will read it... ;o)

    ReplyDelete